Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Family and Friends


Tim and I made a quick trip to Salt Lake for a lovely wedding and to visit family last weekend. This trip went by too quickly and I think it will be the only trip West we get to make this year. Sad.
LaRene, One of my college roomies while I was at the University of Utah, finally decided that the
idea of getting married was not such a scary thing after all. Luckily I had a front row seat for the entire event. Tim was nice enough to accompany me for the day with no complaints. I think he
was probably the only non-relative husband present for the long haul. He really is a good sport. I am sure he will think of a way for me to pay him back when I least expect it. It was definitely nice to see a few friends who were also in attendance. Hopefully they will not forget who I am before our next venture West.

We also got to spend some time with the Sallay's during this short stay. Sunday afternoon we enjoyed a family dinner, a game of cards, and I got some exercise tips from my niece Stella (it seems the trick is to run on AND off of the treadmill). Interesting tidbit.... it turns out that Tim comes by his love for Excel spreadsheets honestly. It seems to be a family thing of which I was
not previously aware. Tim's dad even broke out the computer to keep score of the card game.
Apparently it is simpler to inflate/deflate scores as well as keep an honest tally on an electronic spreadsheet than it is with pencil and paper. Who knew!
Posted by Picasa


No comments: